Tawfiq hospital wants to expand the current hospital of 65 number beds to a 150 number beds with all hi tech facilities which will be able take them to the next generation. These 65 beds are distributes as follows;
- The IDB wing –
40 beds general wards and 7 Private rooms.
- Maternity has 2 beds in Labor rooms, 1 Delivery, 4 general wards and 2 Private rooms.
- Pediatric has 5 general ward beds,
- 2 Isolation rooms
- 2 Private rooms
- Nurses college and research center
- Administration block
- Kitchen and back of house
- Storage facilities
- Doctors plaza
- Medical training college.
- Services: Genset and transformer
Key design parameters
Climate and environmental sustainability Dry monsoon winds. Wet monsoon winds. Land breeze Sea breeze Sun path June Sun path December 4.1. Prevailing weather elements The Kenyan coast has a tropical climate characterized by warm ,wet and humid conditions.These conditions are further reinforced by monsoon winds, which blow to the north east between the months of October and March. And to the South east between April and September. There is evidence of tropical cyclones occurring in the region especially in the south western coast in the months of September and April. Temperatures in this region is moderate at a mean minimum and maximum of between 22 degrees and 33 degrees .The highest temperatures are experienced in the month of March. The mean annual rainfall ranges from 508mm to 1,016 mm .In this region of Malindi the rainfall is bimodal in nature with long rains falling between the months of march and may and short rains falling in October and December. Relative humidity is high all year round reaching its peak in the months of April and July. In Malindi ,diurnal ranges in humidity is evident in the moisture content of the air rises from 60-
PROPOSED FACILITIES & EXPANSIONS
|Outpatient department||MCH, OPD, CCC, Specialist clinics, Eye, Renal, Ear, nose and throat,Dentist, Laboratories
|Diagnostic centers||XRAY, Mammogram, CT Scan, MRI and LAB – Research|
|Inpatient services block||Male wards 19, Female wards 21, Isolation 1, Private 16 and Semi private 18
|Theatres and laboratories block||Surgical theatres 2, Recovery rooms 3, Minor theatre 1 and Blood donation room 1|
|Accident and emergency block||High dependency units 2, Isolation wards 5, Recovery wards 3 and Resuscitation 1|
|Maternity block||Delivery 5, Labor 3, Nursery 12, General ward 5, Incubator 3, Isolation 2, Private ward 6 and
|Pediatrics block||Isolation 2, Surgical 2, General ward 8 and Private wards 6|
During the year Tawfiq Hospital held and organized THREE free surgical
1. Once again with Caris Foundation we managed to organize a Free ENT Surgical camp during the month of October 2015 that lasted for 10 days, whereby over 36 patients were operated with very serious and severe ENT ailments.
2. Whereas in conjunction with Doctors World Wide during the month of February 2016, we managed to organise free urology surgical camp for 3 days and over 34 cases were operated.
3. In March 2015 with Dr. Anil Tibrewala, a surgeon fro India, we conducted a plastic surgery camp for 3 days wherein 25 patients benefited and a further 17 cases were operated on general surgeries by Dr. Hussein, Dr. Palkhi and Dr. Kassim.
1. EXTERNAL AND INFRASTUCTURE WORKS.
This will include mainly internal service roads and footpaths, landscaping, drainage, underground waterproof piping for electrical wiring, street and security lights, parking and fencing the entire hospital land. This will cost USD 350,000.
2. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SYSTEM.
This will include installing fibre optic line, internet networking, Hospital Management System, equipment and training and will cost USD 150,000.
require purchase of two small plots of land adjoining the hospital at a cost of USD 135,000 and the construction would cost USD 550,000. The equipment, furniture and fittings will cost around USD 250,000. Total amount required for this department is USD 981,750.
DIALYSIS In Tawfiq Hospital
INSURANCE AND COMPANIES COVERED